- 2:00 PM-3:00 PM (Eastern)
- 1:00 PM-2:00 PM (Central)
- 12:00 PM-1:00 PM (Mountain)
- 11:00 AM-12:00 PM (Pacific)
This webinar was presented on August 28, 2019. Access the recording and materials now:
This webinar uses the non-English materials at Mississippi State University Libraries collections to illustrate the principles of cataloging materials in Non-English languages. Attention will be given to the various online tools available to translate these materials and where information may be obtained, the rules (both RDA and LC-PCC statements) guiding the description of these materials, and highlights cases where further research was needed.
At the end of the webinar, the attendees should be able to
- Utilize online tools for translation of non-English materials
- Understand rules governing the cataloging of non-English materials
- Understand needed research methods for cataloging non-English materials
- Know which outside resources to use when “stuck” on a piece
Who Should Attend
Library catalogers of all library types
A recording of this webinar is now available since the six-month date of the presentation has passed.
How to Register
No registration required.
Computer with Internet access (high-speed connection is best) and media player software. Headphones recommended.
ALCTS webinars are presented through GoToWebinar. Check to see if your system supports GoToWebinar.