- 2:00 PM-3:00 PM (Eastern)
- 1:00 PM-2:00 PM (Central)
- 12:00 PM-1:00 PM (Mountain)
- 11:00 AM-12:00 PM (Pacific)
This session was presented on May 2, 2018. Access the recording and materials now:
This is the sixth session of a six-part series. View the other sessions in this series.
- about the Linked Data for Libraries Cartographic Materials (LD4P-CM) project, including it's background, goals, and outcomes; and
- how the Geospatial and Cartographic Resources Ontology (GCRO), developed by the LD4P-CM project, can be used to extend the BIBFRAME 2.0 and bibliotek-o models for the description of geospatial and cartographic resources.
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested learning how Linked Open Data (LOD) and semantic web ontologies (BIBFRAME and bibliotek-o) can be used and extended to describe library geospatial and cartographic resources including printed maps, atlases, digital geospatial datasets.
Marc McGee, Geospatial Metadata Librarian, Harvard Library Information and Technical Services, is coordinator for the Linked Data for Production Cartographic Materials project. Marc has over 13 years of experience cataloging geospatial resources including rare, paper cartographic materials in the Harvard Map Collection and digital geospatial datasets for the Harvard Geospatial Library.
A recording of the webinar is now available since the six month mark has passed from the live presentation
How to Register
No registration required.
Computer with Internet access (high-speed connection is best) and media player software. Headphones recommended.
ALCTS webinars are presented through GoToWebinar. Check to see if your system supports GoToWebinar.