- 2:00 PM-3:00 PM (Eastern)
- 1:00 PM-2:00 PM (Central)
- 12:00 PM-1:00 PM (Mountain)
- 11:00 AM-12:00 PM (Pacific)
This webinar was presented on February 21, 2018. Access the recording and webinar materials now:
This session will define shelflisting and the use and construction of Cutter numbers for the application of the Library of Congress Classification (LCC) system. The session will cover the concept of “the catalog” in the context of shelflisting, the construction and application of Cutter numbers in both the LCC class number and the item number portion of an LCC call number, and pre-defined and reserved Cutter numbers in Classification and Shelflisting Manual (CSM) and LCC.
Upon completion, attendees will be able to:
- Construct Cutter numbers
- Identify when to use the Cutter table or adjust to fit a shelflist
- Identify reserved Cutter numbers
- Understand when to use pre-defined Cutter numbers
- Understand when to adjust constructed Cutters with respect to reserved Cutter numbers
Who Should Attend
A recording of the webinar will be available at no charge six months from the date of the presentation.
How to Register
No registration required.
Computer with Internet access (high-speed connection is best) and media player software. Headphones recommended.
ALCTS webinars are presented through GoToWebinar. Check to see if your system supports GoToWebinar.