- 10:00 AM-6:00 PM (Eastern)
- 9:00 AM-5:00 PM (Central)
- 8:00 AM-4:00 PM (Mountain)
- 7:00 AM-3:00 PM (Pacific)
Many libraries use digital repositories as solutions for preserving, managing, and sharing their digital resources. However staffing levels, workflows, and content selection and curation may vary broadly from institution to institution. In this e-forum we will discuss digital repositories broadly, giving participants an opportunity to share and learn about emerging trends, best practices, and strategies for tackling common challenges.
This e-Forum was presented on August 14-15, 2018. For a complete summary of this session, view Working with Digital Repositories: e-Forum Summary.
- Gain a better understanding of the repository ecosystem in the library field.
- Learn about the metadata standards and practices used to describe digital repository content.
- Explore staffing models for working with digital repositories.
- Appreciate the varied types of content stored in repositories.
- Learn about the possibilities for repository integration with discovery layers.
- Understand the challenges of working with digital repositories.
Who Should Attend
How to Register
You must register your email address to subscribe to or access an electronic discussion list on ALA's Mailing List Service. Find instructions for subscribing online.
Once you have registered for one e-Forum, you do not need to register again, unless you choose to leave the list. Find instructions for unsubscribing.
Internet connection with email address. You can manage your subscription to this list following the online instructions.
For questions about registration, contact ALA Registration by calling 1-800-545-2433 and press 5 or email email@example.com.
For all other questions or comments related to the webinars, contact Megan Dougherty, ALCTS Program Officer, Continuing Education at 1-800-545-2433, ext. 5038 or firstname.lastname@example.org.