- 10:00 AM-6:00 PM (Eastern)
- 9:00 AM-5:00 PM (Central)
- 8:00 AM-4:00 PM (Mountain)
- 7:00 AM-3:00 PM (Pacific)
Preserving digital assets has become a part of everyday activities at libraries big and small, but for many it is an intimidating concept. While the tools and language may be different, the basic theories and philosophies are the same as what libraries have been doing for paper, parchment, magnetic media, and plastics. Beginning with assessment, we will consider digitization, description, management and preservation standards and best practices. This is an opportunity to see what how other institutions are achieving their goals as well as ask the questions that you were always too afraid to ask.
- Identify needs and choose tools to fit your institutional goals
- Acquire tips, tricks, and techniques
- Understand the OAIS Model
- Discuss new developments in the field
- Discuss challenges and collaborations at the institutional level
- Consider flexible and time long term solutions
Who Should Attend
Digital preservation experts and novices alike will benefit from this e-Forum.
How to Register
You must register your email address to subscribe to or access an electronic discussion list on ALA's Mailing List Service. Find instructions for subscribing online.
Once you have registered for one e-Forum, you do not need to register again, unless you choose to leave the list. Find instructions for unsubscribing.
Internet connection with email address. You can manage your subscription to this list following the online instructions.
For questions about registration, contact ALA Registration by calling 1-800-545-2433 and press 5 or email email@example.com.
For all other questions or comments related to the web courses, contact Julie Reese, ALCTS Events Manager at 1-800-545-2433, ext. 5034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.