ALA Committee on Research and Statistics
- To facilitate research and related activities in all units of the Association, especially activities related to library statistics.
- To advise the ALA Council and Executive Boards on programs, policy, and priorities regarding research and related activities.
- To recommend procedures to achieve expeditious consideration of all ALA unit proposals for research and related activities by the ALA Executive Board.
- To encourage the establishment of divisional committees for the purpose of stimulating research and statistics; to maintain liaisons with all units of the Association regarding research and related activities in the units.
- To identify questions regarding library service which need to be answered through research and promote the conduct of research to answer those questions.
- To review and make recommendations concerning national data collection efforts pertaining to libraries, recommending inclusions, definitions, procedures, and policies as appropriate.
- To serve as a base committee for liaisons from other associations and groups with shared concerns about library statistics.
- To serve as an advisory committee for the Office for Research and Statistics.
Dissemination Of Research in LIS
A statement by the American Library Association Committee on Research and Statistics
Subcommittee of CORS