If you have a special physical or communication need that may impact your participation in this meeting, please check the appropriate box on your registration form, and append a statement specifying your special need. While every effort will be made to meet attendees’ needs, we cannot guarantee the availability of accommodations in response to requests received after Decmeber 3, 2007.
We work to make sure your experience will be a pleasant and accessible one. Here are features we have put in place to make sure the ALA 2008 Midwinter Meeting is accessible to all:
- We caption our main sessions, e.g. President’s Program, Membership Meeting, Council Meetings, and others as requested by organizers. The captioning is available on a one-on-one basis when the captioner is not working at sessions mentioned above. Reservations are made on a firstcome, first-served basis and require at least one day's notice.
- We have accessible rooms in our hotel block. There are rooms for the hearing and vision impared and attendees with physical disabilties. Please fill out the housing form and check the appropriate box. An ITS/ExpoExchange representative will contact you to make sure you are placed in an appropriate room.
- Leader animals of all kinds are welcome throughout the ALA Meeting.
- Listening devices are available for those who are hard of hearing.
- Our shuttle bus company has accessible buses. Instructions on how to obtain rides will be available in each hotel, in the convention center on site, and in the onsite newspaper, Cognotes.
- Based upon availability in each city, we maintain a limited number of wheelchairs and scooters on a first come, first served basis. Please call Anne Weglewski at 800-545-2433, ext. 3220 as soon as possible to reserve a wheelchair or scooter, for use in the convention center only, or if you wish to discuss any other special needs.
- Interpreters are no longer requested for meetings in general. They must be requested by the deaf member for meetings they need interpreted. To use the service, send a list of required interpreter meetings to Anne Weglewski, ALA, 50 E. Huron Street, Chicago, IL, 60611 by December 3, 2007. Two interpreters will also be on-call in the Conference Services Office in the Washington State Convention & Trade Center Saturday-Monday for last minute requests on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If you have any other requests not mentioned above that ALA can reasonably provide, please contact Anne Weglewski at firstname.lastname@example.org December 3, 2007, and we will help you have a most accessible meeting.
AMERICAN LIBRARY ASSOCIATION
50 E. Huron Chicago, IL 60611 Call Us Toll Free 1-800-545-2433
©2007 American Library Association. Copyright Statement
For questions or comments about the Conference Web site, email email@example.com.
FAQ Events Calendar