If you have
a special physical or communication need that may impact your participation
in this meeting, please check the appropriate box on your registration
form, and append a statement specifying your special need. While
every effort will be made to meet attendees’ needs, we cannot guarantee
the availability of accommodations in response to requests received
after May 18, 2007.
We work to make sure your experience will be
a pleasant and accessible one. Here are features we have put in
place to make sure the ALA 2007 Annual Conference is accessible
- We caption our main sessions, e.g. President’s Program,Membership Meeting, Council Meetings, and others as requested by organizers. The captioning is available on a one-on-one basis when the captioner is not working at sessions mentioned above.
- Reservations are made on a firstcome, first-served basis and require at least one day’s notice. We have accessible rooms in our hotel block. There are rooms for the hearing and vision impared and attendees with physical disabilties. Please fill out the housing form and check the appropriate box. An ITS/ExpoExchange representative will contact you to make sure you are placed in an appropriate room.
- Leader animals of all kinds are welcome throughout the ALA Meeting.
- Listening devices are available for those who are hard of hearing.
- Our shuttle bus company has accessible buses. Instructions on how to obtain rides will be available in each hotel, in the convention center on site, and in the onsite newspaper, Cognotes.
- Based upon availability in each city, we maintain a limited number of wheelchairs and scooters on a first come, first served basis. Please call Laura Gallegos at 800-545-2433, ext. 3220 or TDD (toll free): 888-814-7692, ext. 3220 as soon as possible to reserve a wheelchair or scooter, for use in the convention center only, or if you wish to discuss any other special needs.
- Interpreters are no longer requested for meetings in general.
They must be requested by the deaf member for meetings they need
interpreted. To use the service, send a list of required interpreter
meetings to Laura Gallegos, ALA, 50 E. Huron Street, Chicago,
IL, 60611 by May 18, 2007. Two interpreters will also be on-call
in the Conference Services Office in the Washington State Convention
& Trade Center Saturday-Monday for last minute requests on a first-come,
- If you have any other requests not mentioned above that ALA
can reasonably provide, please contact Laura Gallegos at firstname.lastname@example.org
May 8, 2007, and we will help you have a most accessible meeting.
50 E. Huron Chicago, IL 60611 Call Us Toll
©2006 American Library Association. Copyright
View our Privacy
For questions or comments about the
Conference Web site, email email@example.com.