Refer to the BIPOC in LIS Resource Center for more information on our open-to-all resources, including our community guidelines, social media activity, and professional development opportunities. The following additional resources are specific to the Spectrum Scholar community.
Share Your News
Get a new job recently? Love the job you have? Transformed library services lately? Published a paper? Won a scholarship or award? Presented at a conference? Changed the world? We love highlighting all accomplishments from all Scholars! Share personal updates or promote your fellow scholars by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the Scholars News section to learn more about your amazing fellow Spectrum Scholars.
- Spectrum Scholars are invited to stay in touch with each other through two email lists, email@example.com is open to the full community of Spectrum Scholars past and present as well as doctoral fellows and firstname.lastname@example.org is for the exclusive use of the current class of Spectrum Scholars. Both lists are private and only for Scholars but groups/individuals may request that information be shared with the Spectrum Community by emailing email@example.com. Scholars can manage their ALA email list subscriptions by visiting http://lists.ala.org/sympa or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/alaspectrum/
- Follow us on Twitter @ala_spectrum | #alaspectrum and check out information on joining our periodic Twitter Chats
- Spectrum maintains an open to all Facebook Social Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/409456795771279/
- Join the open to all ALA Connect Community for Diversity Scholars - open to all
- Join the open to all LinkedIn group
- Find job opportunities as submitted by library hiring offices
Meetups & Events
- Anyone looking to connect in person can use the Spectrum Event Planning Form to share information about what conferences you plan on attending and/or if you are interested in getting to know Scholars in your area through a meetup or social outing.
- Visit our Spectrum Calendar to learn more about upcoming events.
As part of ALA's commitment to creating a scholarship program that supports Scholars throughout their careers, we partner with library organizations to offer ongoing professional development that provides additional opportunities for Scholars' leadership in the profession.
Opportunities specific to Scholars:
- ACRL's EJ Josey Spectrum Mentoring Program for academic librarianship. If you are interested in serving as a mentor, please apply.
With over 1100 Scholars, the Spectrum community is ever-growing! Use this map to find Scholars who have submitted their information for inclusion, reach out to others in the community, and connect with peers. Spectrum Scholars who have voluntarily provided their contact information appear in the map/community directory below. If you are a Scholar and wish to be represented, email email@example.com.