Leading is always challenging, but it’s especially so right now due to the changes and pressures in libraries and higher education from the ongoing pandemic, hybrid in-person and online working environments, and the pressing need to create more equitable, inclusive, and supportive workplaces. Do you wish you had an external sounding board? Do you wonder if the decisions you’re making are the right ones? Are you seeking to increase support of your library’s staff and faculty? Does your leadership team show signs of stress and strain?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, ACRL’s Facilitative Support for Library Leaders is designed for you. Experienced consultants/coaches are available to work with you or you and your leadership team one-on-one or in a small group, and in the short-, medium-, or long-term. This service is highly customizable and can be scoped to meet your needs.
Sessions will be virtual. Each package includes an initial assessment, followed by facilitated discussions, exercises, recommendations for relevant tools and activities, and a curated package based on your specific needs of 3-5 ebooks or other professional literature published by ACRL.
Among the benefits of engaging our services:
- access to highly experienced leadership coaches with diverse backgrounds and expertise who will focus on your concerns in a confidential manner;
- a safe space to voice fears, uncertainties, and frustrations;
- facilitated conversations to help clarify issues and generate new insights;
- refreshed sense of capacity to lead;
- support for envisioning and implementing necessary changes, particularly as staffing patterns evolve;
- exposure to multiple approaches for addressing systemic issues, sustaining a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and making decisions in the midst of ongoing turmoil; and
- development of reflective practices to sustain you and your team beyond the coaching engagement.
Base Package: A single 30-60 minute session for intake and assessment, followed by five 90 minute sessions with an individual or small group of up to 6 individuals, and a mid-point progress check in: $8,750. Clients can contract for additional sessions, if desired.
Meet our consultants, see what past clients have to say, read other project overviews, and check out our sample publication and webinar recording to help you understand the work of our consultants and what's involved with reviewing and advancing academic libraries.
NOTE: ACRL has suspended consulting services as of June 2023. Because many of our consultants also work independently, interested parties may wish to contact them directly.Get in Touch