- 2:00 PM-3:00 PM (Eastern)
- 1:00 PM-2:00 PM (Central)
- 12:00 PM-1:00 PM (Mountain)
- 11:00 AM-12:00 PM (Pacific)
In this interactive session, attendees will learn about rethinking best practices to align with high-impact practices (HIP) through embedding into your institution’s course offerings. Research shows that students can produce better writing when a librarian AND a writing specialist are embedded into the course. By combining efforts with the instructor and support staff, students benefit from individualized, consistent support with high-impact practices that support retention.
- Participants will play HIP Bingo.
- Participants will respond to discussion questions in small groups.
- Participants will brainstorm about colleagues who would be good collaborators for embedding in their courses.
- Participants will learn about HIPs. and apply them to their departments’ best practices.
- Participants will apply their best practices and strategies to along with HIPs.
- Participants will discuss how an embed program would impact their student support and retention.
Who Should Attend
Educators and librarians; general audience
Elizabeth MacDonald, Director Library Services, Lindenwood University
Sue Edele, Director of the Writing Center; Lindenwood University
ACRL member: $50
ALA member: $71
You can register a group by specifying the number of people who will be accessing the webcast during checkout. We offer discounts for webcasts based on the number of registrations you specify in checkout. If you are an ACRL member, you can purchase seats for yourself and your colleagues at the ACRL discount rate; ALA's new e-Learning store allows you to extend the ACRL member savings with colleagues at your institution.
|Number of Seats||Discount|
|10+||If you are registering 10 or more individuals for a webcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for special discounted pricing.|
ALA and ACRL are committed to supporting our members, staff, and all librarians and library workers during these uncertain times. We will do our best to accommodate the needs of our attendees; please contact email@example.com if you have special registration circumstances.
How to Register
ACRL Webinars are held in Zoom. Speakers or a headset for listening to the presentation are required. You may interact with the presenter and ask questions through text-based chat. Closed captioning is available in the Zoom platform. The webinar will be recorded and the link to the recording shared with registrants shortly after the live event.