ACRL's Awards program will be on hold for the 2021-2022 award season, during which time nominations will not be accepted or juried and no recipients will be chosen for any ACRL awards. For more information, please contact Lauren Carlton.
This award honors a distinguished academic librarian who has made an outstanding contribution as an education and/or behavioral sciences librarian through accomplishments and service to the profession.
$2,500 cash and plaque, sponsored by the American Psychological Association. The award is administered by the Education and Behavioral Sciences Section of ACRL and is presented at the ALA Annual Conference.
Nominees should have demonstrated achievements in one or more of the following areas:
- Service to the organized profession through ACRL/EBSS and related organizations
- Significant academic library service in the areas of education and/or behavioral sciences
- Significant research and publication in areas of academic library services in education and/or behavioral sciences
- Planning and implementation of academic library programs in education and/or the behavioral sciences disciplines of such exemplary quality that they could serve as a model for others.
Submissions are not currently being accepted.
Electronic submissions through the online nomination form are required. Nominations should include a letter of support and a CV.
Questions or requests for assistance in compiling a nomination should be directed to the award committee co-chairs: Jodi Borgerding, Amigos Library Services, firstname.lastname@example.org and Yu-Hui Chen, SUNY Albany, email@example.com.
View the full award committee roster here.
Kaya van Beynen, Associate Dean of Library Research & Instruction, University of South Florida
- 2020 – Cassandra Kvenild
- 2019 – Joyce Garczynski
- 2018 – Scott Collard
- 2017 – Deborah L. Schaeffer
- 2016 – No recipient
- 2015 – No recipient
- 2014 – Stephanie Davis-Kahl
- 2013 – Judith A. Walker
- 2012 – Scott Walter
- 2011 – Douglas Cook
- 2010 – Penny Minton Beile
- 2009 – Gary Lare
- 2008 – John William Collins III
- 2007 – Patricia O’Brien Libutti
- 2006 – Elizabeth Oakley Hutchins
- 2005 – Kate Corby
- 2004 – Laurene E. Zaporozhetz
- 2003 – Ilene F. Rockman
- 2002 – Barbara E. Kemp
- 2001 – Charles B. Thurston
- 2000 – Leslie Bjorncrantz
- 1999 – Jo Ann Carr
- 1998 – Eva L. Kiewitt
- 1997 – Nancy O’Brien
- 1996 – Donald V. Osier
- 1995 – Hannelore Rader
- 1994 – Mary Ellen Collins