ACRL's Awards program will be on hold for the 2021-2022 award season, during which time nominations will not be accepted or juried and no recipients will be chosen for any ACRL awards. For more information, please contact Lauren Carlton.
This award is given annually to honor a distinguished academic librarian who has made outstanding contributions to women and gender studies through accomplishments and service to the profession. The award recognizes those who have made significant one-time contributions.
Sponsored by Duke University Press. $750 check plus plaque for the recipient.
The ACRL Women & Gender Studies Section Award for Significant Achievement in Women & Gender Studies Librarianship recognizes one-time achievement, by an individual or a group, during the particular year of the award. Achievement may be in any area of academic Women & Gender Studies librarianship, including, but not limited to:
- Publication of a monograph, journal article, website, or media product;
- Talk or other presentation at a nationally recognized conference;
- Innovations in Women & Gender Studies librarianship, including but not limited to instruction;
- Development of an exemplary program, collection, digitization project, or access tool to serve Women & Gender Studies students and/or faculty;
- Significant creative & innovative contribution to the work of the ACRL Women & Gender Studies Section.
Submissions are not currently being accepted.
Electronic submissions through the online nomination form are required. Nomination should include a nominating letter addressing specific area(s) or criteria and citing concrete examples, and at least one (1) letter of support.
If you have questions or require assistance in completing a nomination packet, please contact award committee chair Jessica Szempruch, firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the full award committee roster here.
Nicola Andrews, Instruction and First Year Experience Librarian, University of San Francisco
- 2020 - Shawn(ta) Smith-Cruz
- 2019 - Rose L. Chou and Annie Pho
- 2018 - Shirley Lew and Baharak Yousefi
- 2017 - Janet Weaver
- 2016 - No recipient
- 2015 - Nancy Goebel
- 2014 - Maria T. Accardi
- 2013 - Randy Gue
- 2012 - Kayo Denda, Rhonda Marker, Li Sun, Lucy Vidal, Alicia Graham and Kirsten Canfield
- 2010 - No recipient
- 2009 - Ken Middleton
- 2008 - Jane Sloan
- 2007 - Jennifer Gilley, Kayo Denda, Jenna Freedman, Sharon Ladenson
- 2006 - Katherine Kraft; Carrie Kruse and Cynthia Johnson
- 2005 - Cindy Ingold and Linda Krikos
- 2004 - Donna Roe
- 2003 - Sherri Barnes
- 2002 - Eri Fujieda, Meg Miner, Beth Stafford
- 2001 - Marilyn Dunn
- 2000 - Lynn Westbrook