Oversees the ACRL Diversity Alliance and completes the following tasks:
- Develop best practices checklists for leaders and organizational readiness for top organizational leaders (Deans, Directors) who commit to join, support and create residency positions through the DA. This checklist can be agreed upon as leaders join the DA annually.
- Explore program assessment to identify the goals of these residencies and if member institutions are meeting them?
- Develop leadership pledge; along with the signed letter of commitment, each leader must sign leadership pledge.
- Develop member resources, including Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and organizational culture checklist; Coordinators, training for human resource professionals and department heads; Institutions who create residencies should identify travel support for residents; Clearinghouse for information, schedules and best practices for Mentors/Coordinators; Link institutional efforts through Skill type and other virtual platforms.
- Submit a report to the ACRL Board on the impact of residencies on the professional, and include stories of post-residency positions and surveys.
- Explore if/how institutions unable to create residencies can be members of the DA through contributing to equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in other ways and, if possible, articulate the criteria that would allow them to become members of the DA.
Displaying active committee roster as of 09/21/2021. Last retrieved on 09/21/2021. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Representative from ACRL Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Representative from ACRL Residency Interest Group
- Board Liaison
- Staff Liaison
- Additional member appointments at the discretion of the Vice-President/President-Elect
- Interim reports submitted: January 2021, January 2022
- Final report (task 5): June 2022
The ACRL Board of Directors approved the creation of the task force at its June 27, 2016 meeting. On April 8, 2020, the ACRL Board of Directors approved a new task force, charge, tasks, composition and timeline.
Program Manager for Strategic Initiatives
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
225 N. Michigan Ave., Ste 1300
Chicago, IL 60601-7616