- Review current ACRL Bylaws and policies, focusing on the ACRL leadership nominations and recruitment process + Board participation requirements, to identify areas that may be impeding efforts to expand dimensions of diversity in the leadership pipeline - including people of color and minoritized groups, individuals in diverse roles within the library profession, and library workers in all types of academic library settings.
- Identify and evaluate alternatives to current policy, as well as advantages and disadvantages for each alternative, that they may reduce barriers and encourage greater participation.
- Recommend alternatives based on the evaluation of advantages and disadvantages.
- Areas related to the appointments process should be considered within scope, albeit not the primary focus, in order to be flagged for future work.
- A minimum of five members (i.e., a chair and four members)
- 1 member from the ACRL Budget and Finance Committee (current or former)
- 1 member from the ACRL Professional Development Committee (current or former)
- 1 member from the ACRL Leadership Recruitment and Nomination Committee (current or former)
- 1 Board liaison
- 1 Staff liaison
- Additional member appointments at the discretion of the Vice-President/President-Elect
- Task force terms: February 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
- Date interim report is due: October 2022
- Date final report is due: January 2023
The ACRL Board of Directors approved the creation of this task force at its January 27, 2022 meeting.