- Review current ACRL Bylaws and policies, focusing on the ACRL leadership nominations and recruitment process + Board participation requirements, to identify areas that may be impeding efforts to expand dimensions of diversity in the leadership pipeline - including people of color and minoritized groups, individuals in diverse roles within the library profession, and library workers in all types of academic library settings.
- Identify and evaluate alternatives to current policy, as well as advantages and disadvantages for each alternative, that they may reduce barriers and encourage greater participation.
- Recommend alternatives based on the evaluation of advantages and disadvantages.
- Areas related to the appointments process should be considered within scope, albeit not the primary focus, in order to be flagged for future work.
Displaying active committee roster as of 12/02/2022. Last retrieved on 12/02/2022. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
- A minimum of five members (i.e., a chair and four members)
- 1 member from the ACRL Budget and Finance Committee (current or former)
- 1 member from the ACRL Professional Development Committee (current or former)
- 1 member from the ACRL Leadership Recruitment and Nomination Committee (current or former)
- 1 Board liaison
- 1 Staff liaison
- Additional member appointments at the discretion of the Vice-President/President-Elect
- Task force terms: February 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
- Date interim report is due: October 2022
- Date final report is due: January 2023
The ACRL Board of Directors approved the creation of this task force at its January 27, 2022 meeting.