To continue efforts to bring the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Academic Libraries Component up to date and in line with current library practices. To make recommendations regarding definitional issues and responses to questions raised by the academic library community in the 2021-24 survey cycles; to address definitional issues surrounding the nuances of shared print and electronic collections; to publicize changes to the IPEDS Academic Library Component to the academic library community on a regular basis.
- 1 ACRL co-chair
- 1 ARL co-chair 1 IPEDS Academic Libraries Component director
- 1 director of the ALA Library and Research Center
- 6 additional members, three of which will be appointed by ACRL and ARL, respectively.
- 1 ARL staff liaison, served by the senior director of research and analytics.
- 1 ACRL staff liaison
- Advisory Task Force co-chairs and members are selected through a combination of purposeful selection of representatives from all Carnegie classifications and subject matter experts in the focus area of the task force and in response to a call for interest issued by ACRL and ARL, respectively.
- The Advisory Task Force is renewable at the conclusion of year three.
- Co-chairs and Advisory Task Force members serve three-year terms.
- Staff liaisons from ACRL and ARL serve on the committee.
- Date interim report is due: 2023 ALA Annual Conference (June 2023)
- Date final report is due: 2025 ALA Annual Conference (June 2025)
The ACRL Board of Directors approved an initial task force, ACRL/ALA/ARL IPEDS Task Force, at its 2017 Fall Board Meeting; the previous task force completed its work during Fall 2017 through June 2019. The ACRL Board of Directors, at its ACRL Board Virtual Meeting (makeup for Annual 2022), approved the extension of ACRL/ALA/ARL IPEDS Advisory division-level task force through 2025.