To continue efforts to bring the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Academic Libraries Component up to date and in line with current library practices. To make recommendations regarding definitional issues and responses to questions raised by the academic library community in the 2020 and 2021 survey cycles; to develop definitions for and refine instructions regarding shared collections, and institutional repositories; to work with the IPEDS director for the Academic Library Component and the Bureau of Labor Statistics to modify job categories for academic librarians; to publicize changes to the IPEDS Academic Library Component to the academic library community on a regular basis.
Displaying active committee roster as of 09/17/2021. Last retrieved on 09/17/2021. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- ACRL and an ARL will appoint co-chairs to lead the Advisory Task Force. There will be no vice chairs or past co-chairs.
- The Advisory Task Force has 12 members including ARL and ACRL staff liaisons, the IPEDS Academic Libraries Component director, the director of the ALA Library and Research Center, and six additional members, three of which will be appointed by ACRL and ARL, respectively.
- The senior director of research and analytics will serve as the ARL staff liaison.
- Advisory Task Force co-chairs and members are selected through a combination of purposeful selection of subject matter experts in the focus area of the task force and in response to a call for interest issued by ACRL and ARL, respectively.
- The Advisory Task Force is renewable at the conclusion of year three.
- Co-chairs and Advisory Task Force members serve three-year terms.
- Staff liaisons from ACRL and ARL serve on the committee.
- Date interim report is due: 2021 ALA Annual Conference (June 2021)
- Date final report is due: 2022 ALA Annual Conference (June 2022)
The ACRL Board of Directors approved an initial task force, ACRL/ALA/ARL IPEDS Task Force, at its 2017 Fall Board Meeting; the previous task force completed its work during Fall 2017 through June 2019. The ACRL Board of Directors approved the ACRL/ALA/ARL IPEDS Advisory Task Force at its April 25, 2019 Spring Board Virtual Meeting, and through a virtual vote in October 2019, the Board approved the extension of the task force through June 2022.
Mary Jane Petrowski
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
225 N. Michigan Ave., Ste 1300
Chicago, IL 60601-7616