Volunteer for a LES Committee
ACRL accepts requests for section committee appointments in December of each year. An online form will be available on the Volunteer for an ACRL Committee page at that time. The LES Vice-Chair asks for committee volunteers via LES-L and makes appointment decisions for the upcoming year.
- Executive Committee: made up of elected officers of the section, plus chairs of the section's standing committees.
- Conference Planning Committee: plans and implements the annual conference program and coordinates program sponsorship with other ALA units as appropriate.
- Membership Committee: coordinates recruitment activities for the section and any education activities for the promotion of English and American literature librarianship within ALA.
- Nominating Committee: prepares the slate of new officers.
- Planning Committee: develops a Strategic Plan for the section and reviews the Governance Procedures every five years.
- Publications Committee: coordinates all publications associated with the section, including the newsletter, blog, wiki, website, and social media sites. It identifies publication needs, encourages research and writing, and recommends new publications to the Executive Committee.
- Virtual Participation Committee: explores and recommends options for virtual meetings and other forms of distance participation.
Become a LES Mentor or Mentee
LES offers mentoring for new and potential humanities librarians. A mentor can guide you through challenges at work, point you to networking opportunities, and even help you navigate the often-overwhelming conference experience. The precise nature of the mentor-mentee relationship varies with the participants, and communication may take place over e-mail, social media, telephone, in person, etc.
Comments may be directed to the Interim LES Website Editor, Jen Fehsenfeld.
Special thanks to Jackie Hackman for designing the LES logo.
Last updated: May 25, 2021