The ACRL/Core Interdivisional Academic Library Facilities Survey Editorial Board has oversight responsibility for ACRL’s annual Academic Library Facilities Survey including the development of an annual questionnaire on current facility demographics, facility repurposing projects and anticipated building trends or issues. The Editorial Board also develops materials publicizing and encouraging participation by academic libraries in the annual ACRL Facilities Survey and continuously updates the "Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning" resource guide for planning library buildings and learning spaces.
Displaying active committee roster as of 12/02/2023. Last retrieved on 12/02/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
- Six members (including chair) with Core and ACRL each appointing three members.
- The term of chair shall be for two years and shall be staggered between Core and ACRL.
- Core will use one of their appointments to appoint an architect.
- Two-year terms.
- Ex-officio member: ACRL Publications Coordinating Committee chair.
- Editorial Board criteria is detailed in the ACRL Guide to Policies and Procedures.
The ACRL/Core Interdivisional Committee on Building Resources was developed from the work of the ACRL/Core Designing Higher Ed Library and Learning Spaces Guide Task Force, and officially established as a standing committee by the ACRL Board through virtual action in February 2008. On November 16, 2018, the Board approved a new name and charge, as well as the transition of the group, from a committee to an editorial board.
Program Manager, Data and Research
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
225 N. Michigan Ave., Ste 1300
Chicago, IL 60601-7616