Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2021. Last retrieved on 03/29/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
- A minimum of five members (i.e. a chair, vice-chair, and three members)
- Additional appointments at the discretion of the Vice-President/President-Elect and Appointments Committee.
- The chair of the Information Literacy Frameworks and Standards Committee (ILFSC) is a voting ex-officio member.
- Since it is important that the vice-chair/chair be knowledgeable about the responsibilities and concerns of the committee, it is suggested that the committee vice-chair/chair be selected from the existing committee membership.
- Monitors existing ACRL standards and guidelines and recommends revision or recession when appropriate to the ACRL Board.
- Recommends new standards or guidelines as needed.
- Assist units of ACRL in developing standards and guidelines.
- Maintains a manual of policies and procedures related to the development of standards within ACRL.
- Recommends to the ACRL Board the acceptability of proposed standards, guidelines, and related documents.
- Guides and monitors the solicitation of member comment on ACRL standards and guidelines through electronic mailing lists before they are recommended to the ACRL Board.
- Holds or delegates the holding of open hearings on ACRL standards when this option for gathering member comments is employed.
- Recommends to the ACRL Board the acceptability of proposed translations of standards, guidelines, and related documents into languages other than English.
In 2005, the Standards and Accreditation Committee was included as a component committee of the Advocacy Coordinating Committee. In 2009, it was redefined as a standalone divisional committee when the coordinating committee was reclassified as a standard committee, with no coordinating committee umbrella structure.
Volunteers will need to complete the volunteer form by February 15 for committee service that begins July 1. More information, including volunteer requirements, can be found on the ACRL volunteer site.
Editor-in-Chief of College and Research Libraries News/Senior Communications Strategist
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
225 N. Michigan Ave., Ste. 1300
Chicago, IL 60601-7616