To recommend to the ACRL Board the appointment of editors of ACRL journals and publications for which there are no paid staff; to approve the appointment of editorial board members on the recommendation of the respective editors; to advise the ACRL Board and Budget and Finance committee on matters relating to ACRL publications; to promote writing and effective research methods to librarians; to gather stakeholder input regarding new publishing directions for the purposes of recommending specific actions or for the purposes of advising the ACRL Board; to encourage the recruitment of new authors and to bring them into the ACRL publishing pipeline by referring them to the appropriate editor; and to promote author submission of proposals and manuscripts across the full range of ACRL publications.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2022. Last retrieved on 12/02/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
- A chair, vice-chair, and up to five members
- Members should have prior publishing experience
- Ex-officio members include:
- Ex officio – Voting:
- Academic Trends & Statistics
- C&RL News
- CLIPP Notes
- Publications in Librarianship
- New Publications Advisory Board
- Resources for College Libraries
- Ex officio – Non-Voting:
- Editor and Publisher of CHOICE
- Editor of C&RL News
- ACRL Content Strategist
- Since it is important that the vice-chair/chair be knowledgeable about the responsibilities and concerns of the committee, it is suggested that the committee vice-chair/chair be selected from the existing committee membership.
The Publications Coordinating Committee was created by the ACRL Board of Directors, and is made up of committees within the coordinating committee umbrella structure.
Editor-in-Chief of College and Research Libraries News/Senior Communications Strategist
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
225 N. Michigan Ave., Ste 1300
Chicago, IL 60601-7616