Displaying active committee roster as of 06/09/2023. Last retrieved on 06/09/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
- A minimum of five members (i.e. a chair, vice-chair, and three members)
- One member selected by the Instruction Section Executive Committee (always the Instruction Section past-chair)
- One member selected by the Community and Junior College Libraries Section
- Ex-officio members include intersections of scholarly communication and information literacy licensed workshops presenter coordinator and professional development licensed workshops presenter coordinator.
- Chair serves as ex-officio member to the Project Outcome for Academic Libraries Editorial Board
- Additional appointments at the discretion of the Vice-President/President-Elect and Appointments Committee
- Since it is important that the vice-chair/chair be knowledgeable about the responsibilities and concerns of the committee, it is suggested that the committee vice-chair/chair be selected from the existing committee membership.
In 2008, the Information Literacy Coordinating Committee was reconstituted by the ACRL Board as a standing committee from the former Information Literacy Advisory Committee with a coordinating committee structure. In 2013, the committee shifted from a coordinating committee to a standalone committee and is one of ACRL’s four goal-area committees as part of the Plan for Excellence.
Volunteers will need to complete the volunteer form by February 15 for committee service that begins July 1. More information, including volunteer requirements, can be found on the ACRL volunteer site.
Mary Jane Petrowski
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
225 N. Michigan Ave., Ste 1300
Chicago, IL 60601-7616