- To submit annually a recommended budget for the ACRL division (including division publications, the CHOICE budget, the allocation of Long-Term Investment fund income) to the ACRL Board of Directors for action.
- To advise the ACRL Board of Directors on its allocation of Friends of ACRL contributions to strategic projects and programs, as well as to consult with the ACRL Board of Directors on fundraising goals and objectives.
- To counsel the ACRL Board of Directors on questions regarding all fiscal matters of the division or its publications, including dues levels and fundraising, especially as they relate to alignment with the strategic plan and its Core Commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI).
Displaying active committee roster as of 06/03/2023. Last retrieved on 06/03/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
ACRL Budget & Finance Committee documents and discussions are shared publicly on ALA Connect.
- A minimum of five members (i.e., a chair and four members)
- Chair will serve a two-year term and will be selected by the ACRL President-Elect.
- Chair is exempt from the five-year limit to consecutive service on the same group. The Chair may serve up to a ten-year limit to consecutive service on the Budget and Finance Committee if serving as chair.
- Chair serves as ACRL Representative to the ALA Planning and Budget Assembly.
- Members will serve four-year terms.
- Members appointed to this committee need to have a strong background or experience with developing and managing a budget. The committee meets multiple mornings at ALA Annual conference. Some homework is required, including virtual meetings between ALA Conferences. Experience with ACRL is also beneficial.
- Ex-officio members include ACRL Vice President/President-elect and Executive Director.
- Additional appointments at the discretion of the Vice-President/President-Elect and Appointments Committee.
The Budget & Finance Committee was created by the ACRL Board of Directors.
Volunteers will need to complete the volunteer form by February 15 for committee service that begins July 1. More information, including volunteer requirements, can be found on the ACRL volunteer site.
Program Manager for Strategic Initiatives
Association of College and Research Libraries
American Library Association
225 N. Michigan Ave., Ste 1300
Chicago, IL 60601-7616
Work: (312) 280-2519