- The committee will be chaired by the immediate past-president of ACRL; have two members, with staggered terms, representing each type of library section with the committee members recommended by each section’s vice-chair/chair-elect; and have a member representing Chapters Council.
- Effort should be made to have geographic distribution across the committee membership.
- Since it is important that the vice-chair/chair be knowledgeable about the responsibilities and concerns of the committee, it is suggested that the committee vice-chair/chair be selected from the existing committee membership.
- Report decisions to the ACRL Executive Director and ACRL President before the close of the Midwinter Meeting.
- Annually report to the ACRL Board of Directors about the nomination process, quality of applicant pool, and any issues or concerns that need Board discussion.
The Excellence in Academic Libraries Awards Committee was established by the ACRL Board of Directors at its 2011 Annual Conference meeting in New Orleans.
For more information about the Excellence in Academic Libraries Award, visit the award page here.
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
225 N. Michigan Ave., Ste 1300
Chicago, IL 60601-7616