- Maximum number of appointed members for this committee is four, excluding the chair and vice-chair.
- One member should represent library education.
- One member should represent a research library.
- Two additional members should be practicing academic librarians from two different types of libraries.
- Ex-officio members include the chairs of CLS, CJCLS, and ULS, as well as the ACRL president and executive director.
- Since it is important that the vice-chair/chair be knowledgeable about the responsibilities and concerns of the committee, it is suggested that the committee vice-chair/chair be selected from the existing committee membership.
The Academic/Research Librarian of the Year Award Committee was created by the ACRL Board of Directors.
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
225 N. Michigan Ave., Ste 1300
Chicago, IL 60601-7616