2023 10th Sharjah International Library Conference
The 10th Sharjah International Library Conference (SILC) will return on November 7-9 as on-site in-person learning and networking experience. Also being offered is a digital registration opportunity for those who cannot attend in person but will have networking access to those Librarians and Exhibitors who are also digitally registered. So, mark your calendars now!
Topics will include: Artificial Intelligence-Opportunities and Threats; Libraries and Climate Change and Sustainability; Libraries as Learning Centers, Project-based Learning for School Libraries, Makerspaces and Beyond, and more…
The 3-day Sharjah International Library Conference will include:
- Participate in full-day pre-conference workshops.
- Participate in two full days of presentations and discussions with an international roster of expert presenters.
- Network and use of the Librarians’ Lounge Library exhibits.
- Present or participate in Lightning Round Talks and Poster Sessions (details will be provided soon).
- Meet with exhibitors who are showcasing their books and services selected especially for the library community.
The Sharjah International Library Conference will again take place in conjunction with the Sharjah International Book Fair, which will be celebrating its 42nd year as one of the premier collection development opportunities around the globe.
The Conference preliminary program will be available June 15th and librarian registration will open on July 1st. All sessions will be in English and Arabic (through simultaneous translation)
Concurrent programs on topics for all types of libraries (public, academic, school, and special libraries) covering current trends and technologies, innovative spaces, and services, rebranding and proving the value of the library, staff, and leadership development, promoting the love of reading, and more.
If interested as a Librarian participating for the first time and would like to be added to the mailing list, please contact the American Library Association at email@example.com
If interested in being a Sponsor or Exhibitor, please contact SILC@sibfala.com
Testimonials from previous attendees
- What a great conference. It was really inspiring. Memorable experience!
- Great interaction with librarians from other countries, and quality sessions with brilliant ideas to make our library much more valuable and offer better services.
- It was an opportunity to meet other librarians. Good networking opportunities!
- The best part was the practices shared by librarians from their [own] libraries.
- It united all LIBRARIANS together. "The welcoming environment and speaker's in-depth knowledge on the topics."
For information about library registration, contact Delin Guerra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about exhibiting virtually, contact Janet Fritsch, Janet@americancollectivestand.com or Jon Malinowski, Jon@combinedbook.com
If you want to look back or discover sessions, you can view the past conference presentations from 2014 - 2022.