9th Sharjah International Library Conference
The 9th Sharjah International Library Conference will return on November 8-10, 2022, offering on-site in-person learning and networking experience, but also extending to those able to participate only virtually. REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
The Conference this year, with a special National Libraries Summit, November 6-7 for National Library leaders to gather and discuss critical topics
The 3-day Sharjah International Library Conference will include opportunities to:
- Participate in full-day workshops.
- Participate in two full days of presentations and discussion with an international roster of expert presenters.
- Network and use of the Librarians’ Lounge Library exhibits.
- Present or participate in Lightning Round Talks and Poster Sessions (details will be provided soon).
- Meet with exhibitors who are showcasing their books and services selected especially for the library community.
The Sharjah International Library Conference will again take place in conjunction with the Sharjah International Book Fair, which will be celebrating its 40th year as one of the premier collection development opportunities around the globe.
The Conference preliminary program will be available June 15 and registration will open on July 15.
Concurrent programs on topics for all types of libraries (public, academic, school, and special libraries) covering current trends and technologies, innovative spaces, and services, rebranding and proving the value of the library, staff, and leadership development, promoting the love of reading, and more.
All session will be in English and Arabic (through simultaneous translation)
If interested as a librarian participating for the first time and would like to be added to the mailing list, please contact ALA at email@example.com
Testimonials from previous attendees:
- What a great conference. It was really inspiring. Memorable experience!
- Great interaction with librarians from other countries, and quality sessions with brilliant ideas to make our library much more valuable and offer better services.
- It was an opportunity to meet other librarians. Good networking opportunities!
- The best part was the practices shared by librarians from their [own] libraries.
- It united all LIBRARIANS together. "The welcoming environment and speaker's in-depth knowledge on the topics."
For information about library registration, contact Delin Guerra at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about exhibiting virtually, contact Janet Fritsch, Janet@americancollectivestand.com or Jon Malinowski, Jon@combinedbook.com
If you want to look back or discover sessions, you can view the past conference presentations from 2014 - 2022.