- All entries must be research articles published in English during the 2022 calendar year.
- Articles may be nominated by any member of LRRT or by the editors of research journals in the field of library and information studies. Self-nominations from LRRT members and non-members are also encouraged. No one may nominate more than two articles.
- All nominated articles must relate in at least a general way to library and information studies. Any research method is acceptable.
- Authors of nominated articles need not be LRRT members.
- Articles by joint investigators are eligible, as are articles generated as a result of a research grant or other source of funding.
- Research articles will be judged on the following points:
o Definition of the research problem;
o Application of research methods;
o Clarity of the reporting of the research;
o Significance of the conclusions, as judged by the Committee.
- The author(s) of the winning article will receive a Certificate.
To nominate or submit an article (or articles) for the 2023 competition, e-mail an electronic copy of each article along with a cover letter, both in PDF format to: Karen Kaufmann (email@example.com) with the subject line: Shera Award 2023, Published Research