Schedule and Procedures
- Applicant develops six-page proposal, accompanied by one-page budget and two-page curriculum vitae.
- Applicant e-mails proposal, budget and curriculum vitae to Denise M. Davis, ALA Staff Liaison, email@example.com. Deadline for receipt of proposals is January 31, 2009 .
- Jury confers before May 15, 2009 to select winner.
- Jury chair informs applicants of jury's decision by May 31, 2009.
- Award winner receives check for half of the amount of the award within one month after the ALA Annual Conference.
- Award winner submits six-month report to the ALA Staff Liaison who will forward a copy to the current jury chair.
- Staff liaison and jury chair agree on acceptability of six-month report and approve second payment.
- Staff liaison arranges second payment.
- Award winner presents findings at a national or international or international conference.
- Award winner submits expenses of attending conference to staff liaison for reimbursement.
- Award winner completes work and produces final project report.
- Staff Liaison sends letter informing award winner that project is complete and sends copy to jury members.
For more information, please see the following: