ALA offers Membership Lists (PDF) that include Personal and Organizational Members active in special interest Divisions, Sections and Round Tables. ALA Membership lists also include foreign and Canadian addresses.
Rental of ALA membership lists
The American Library Association grants permission to outside organizations, institutions, or individuals, to use its membership lists. Such permission is for rental only. The lists are not sold, and they may not be duplicated.
Requests should be made in writing and can be mailed or faxed in, accompanied by a sample or facsimile of the piece to be mailed.
ALA reserves the right to examine the mailing piece, and to refuse the use of the lists if the usage seems, for any reason, to be undesirable.
Names and addresses are available in the following formats:
- Avery Laser Labels (2-up, peel-off)
- E-mail "attachment” (Excel file)
Lists are run in Zip Code sequence. Specific states may be requested and membership lists can be merged and purged.
All orders are shipped via United Parcel Service, 3-day select, unless otherwise requested. Shipping charges will be added to all orders.
All work is normally completed within 10 working days after receipt of order.
We do not provide email addresses or telephone numbers and offer no broker's commission or discounts.
View our disclaimer (PDF).
- $150/1,000 for names and addresses sent as an email “attachment” (Excel file)
- $250/1,000 for names and addresses on Avery laser labels (2-up, peel-off)
- 15% discount for ALA Corporate Members
- 20% discount for reuse of list or second set run at the same time
- $150 – Email “attachment” (Excel file)
- $250 – Avery laser (peel-off) labels 2up
- $50 – keycoding (up to 8 characters)
- No charge for merging lists
How to order
Fax or mail a sample of the mailing piece for approval, along with your order form (PDF), to:
Maribeth Chapman – Mailing Lists
American Library Association
225 N Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60601
Telephone: (312) 280-2460
Fax: (312) 280-2438