- To advise the Association and the ALA Chief Information Technology Officer on the priorities and strategies that promote utilization and continued development of ALA technology products and services.
- To provide oversight for major technology transitions, monitor important industry or technical trends and advise on the development, implementation and monitoring of the ALA technology infrastructure, cybersecurity framework, data governance, disaster recovery and IT internal control practice.
- To advocate for universal access and superior user experience with ALA online content and services.
- To develop, review and recommend to Council policies for the application of information technology products and services, and to provide advice to the ALA Chief Information Technology Officer responsible for implementing such policies and guidelines.
- To make recommendations on the reconciliation of differing strategic plans with a technology component or impact from ALA and its divisions.
- To provide an ongoing channel for member communication by working closely with other units, committees, and offices of the association.
- To participate in the evaluation and testing of technology products and services used by Association members or by the public.
Displaying active committee roster as of 09/21/2023. Last retrieved on 09/21/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
- 1 member from each of divisions, to be selected by the appointing officer of the divisions
- 1 member selected by the Round Table Coordinating Committee, rotated among the round tables
- 1 member selected by the Publishing Committee
- 2 members-at-large selected by the appointing officer
The primary staff liaison is the director of IT.