Volunteer Applications are due by September 30, 2021 to be considered for 2022-2024 Committees Appointments (July 2022- June 2024)! Volunteer today! Read this member news item for more information!
Go to the Committee Volunteer Form to submit your volunteer application!
Committees created by the Executive Board, Council, and the president are designated as committees of the Association and committees of the Council. Most of the following committees are standing committees of either ALA or Council.
Committees of the Association
ALA Committees: Appointments to committees of the Association are made by the ALA president-elect, who chairs and acts on the advice of the Committee on Appointments.
- American Libraries Advisory
- Chapter Relations
- Code of Conduct
- Constitution & Bylaws
- Diversity, Literacy & Outreach Services Advisory (Office for)
- Human Resource Development & Recruitment Advisory (Office for)
- Information Technology Advisory
- Information Technology Policy Advisory (Office for)
- Public & Cultural Programs Advisory
- Research & Statistics
- Rural, Native & Tribal Libraries of All Kinds
- Scholarship & Study Grants
- Training, Orientation & Leadership Development
Committees of Council
Council Committees: Appointments to committees of Council are made by the ALA president-elect, who chairs and acts on the advice of the Committee on Committees.
- Budget Analysis & Review Committee
- Committee on Committees
- Committee on Diversity
- Committee on Education
- Committee on Legislation
- Committee on Library Advocacy
- Committee on Organization
- Committee on Professional Ethics
- Committee on the Status of Women in Librarianship
- Council Orientation Committee
- Intellectual Freedom Committee
- International Relations Committee
- Policy Monitoring Committee
- Public Awareness Committee
- Publishing Committee
- Resolutions Committee
- Sustainability Committee