The 2021 ALA Midwinter Meeting & Exhibits will take place online, January 22-26, 2021.
In early August 2020, the American Library Association’s Executive Board announced that the 2021 ALA Midwinter Meeting & Exhibits scheduled for January 22-26 in Indianapolis will take place virtually.
“It is clear that as we continue to coexist with coronavirus, we need to adjust our approach to meetings and events,” said Julius C. Jefferson, Jr., ALA president. “In the last few months, we have successfully pivoted our delivery to present the Virtual Event in June and ALA’s Holding Space tour series this summer. Though we very much hoped to be able to meet in person in Indianapolis, the health and safety of conference attendees, ALA members and staff, exhibitors, and other stakeholders are the priority.” (Full Press Release)
- Symposium on the Future of Libraries, offering sessions on future trends to inspire innovation in libraries
- News You Can Use series with updates that highlight new research, innovations, and advances in libraries
- Quality educational programming
- Interactive author events
- Awards celebrations
- A virtual Exhibit Hall with NEW! Presentation Stages
- Live Chats
- Networking opportunities
Program schedule - Discover and Learn More about Sessions and Events -TBA
- View all programs by browsing or searching.
- Terms you can use to filter your search include: subject, library type, date, and time.
- Click on any listing for more information on that item
- Check back often for updates and additions.
International Meetings and Programs (IRC and IRRT) - TBA
REGISTRATION is now closed!
For additional information about the ALA 2021 Midwinter Virtual Event, please return to the main conference page: https://2021.alamidwinter.org/