Sponsored by ABC-CLIO
Monetary Amount: Three papers will be selected and each author will receive a $350 grant
Deadline: February 1
The AASL Research Grant recognizes excellence in manuscripts addressing a persistent and recurring challenge in the field of school librarianship. The American Association of School Librarians (AASL), through the Educators of School Librarians Section (ESLS), will invite submissions of papers on original research with this focus. Full papers submitted can either be:
- Articles published in a peer-reviewed journal with a publication date no earlier than January 1, 2019; OR
- Completed research papers ready for submission to a peer-reviewed journal, or currently under review.
Submissions may include, but are not limited to, the following themes:
- Technology Leadership
- Instructional or Curriculum Design
- Shared Foundations as outlined in the 2018 AASL National School Library Standards
- Digital Literacy Skills Integrated in Content Learning
- Inquiry Learning
- Technology-Enabled Learning
- Collaborative Learning in the School Library
- Inclusiveness and Respect for Diversity
The paper must:
- Describes a significant issue OR unique topic in the field of school librarianship
- Presents a clear rationale, model, and/or theoretical framework
- Includes a thorough literature review providing an overview of existing research and evidence
- Offers a complete and thorough synthesis of a body or research to develop an argument OR provides a detailed methodology and results from an original empirical study
- Illustrates how research findings may be applied to the field
- If selected, at least one author must be able to attend the AASL National Conference or ALA Annual Conference (dependent upon year) to present.
- If selected, at least one author per paper must be willing and able, upon request, to author a practitioner-friendly article on their research for publication in School Library Connection.
* Please note: This downloadable version is for informational purposes only. All applications must be submitted online, via the Apply Now button that will appear at the top of the page when the next award season opens in early September.
Deputy Executive Director