YALSA Program Goals - In Priority Order
- Understanding of the importance of library services to young adults is promoted
- Efforts to ensure equal access to libraries and information services for all young adults are promoted.
- Librarians receive assistance in providing their clients with materials pertaining to the specific needs and interests of young adults.
- Librarians are assisted in developing, implementing, and evaluating programs and services which address the social, psychological, educational, recreational needs of young adults.
- Protection of First Amendment rights is promoted.
- Continuing education for librarians who work with young adults is encouraged, promoted, and provided.
- Positive legislation related to youth is encouraged and promoted.
- Research in youth related fields is encouraged.
- National organizations serving youth and their memberships are assisted with meeting the needs of youth.
- Producers and disseminators of media are encouraged to respond to the needs of young adults.
Revised - January 1993