Research Journal Advisory Board
Function: YALSA's Research Journal Advisory Board oversees the peer reviewing process as outlined in the Refereeing Process Guidelines that were approved by the YALSA Board of Directors. The Board also serves in an advisory capacity to the Member Editor of the journal by assisting with the solicitation of contributors and articles as well as generating ideas for topical articles or themes, when requested from the Member Editor.
Date of Establishment: 2009; charge updated in March 2011
Membership: 3 to 5 virtual members, including Chair.
- Current membership in YALSA
- In order to accomplish work in a virtual environment taskforce members must be competent users of web 2.0 tools, including but not limited to wikis, e-chats and ALA Connect.
- Experience with the peer review process
- Background in conducting and writing research
- Knowledge of topics in need of research and analysis regarding teens and/or young adult library services
- Strong editing skills
For information on the responsibilities of committee/jury/taskforce members, visit YALSA's Handbook.
Term of Office: 1 year
Staff Liaison: Anna Lam