Function: To stimulate, encourage, guide, and direct the research needs of the field of young adult library services, and to regularly compile abstracts, disseminate research findings, update YALSA’s National Research Agenda as needed. The Chair of YALSA's Research Committee serves as YALSA's official liaison to ALA’s Committee on Research & Statistics .
Type : Standing
Date of Establishment: Midwinter 1968
Date of Completion: Continuing
Committee Size: Size: 7 virtual members including the Chair and at least two members from the previous year.
- Current membership in YALSA
- To accomplish year-round work in a virtual environment group members must be competent users of digital tools, including but not limited to Google docs, video chats and ALA Connect.
- Interest in research and action research
- Up to date knowledge on research relating to teens, learning and libraries, including relevant research beyond the library field
- Effective writing skills
- Knowledge of current topics and trends of interest to library staff serving teens
For information on the responsibilities of committee/jury/taskforce members, visit YALSA's Handbook.
Term of Office: July 1 though June 30 the following year
Procedures: See YALSA's Handbook for more information about committee participation
History: The Research Committee became a standing committee at Annual 1980; charge updated March 2011, March 2018
Staff Liaison: Beth Yoke