Publications Advisory Board
Function: To assist with the development of a publications program in the areas of young adult services and materials; identify topics to be covered and potential authors; to regularly review all YALSA publications in all formats and make recommendations to the YALSA Web Services Manager regarding those needing revision or elimination.
Date of Completion: Continuing
Membership: 6 virtual members including at least two members from the previous year.
- Current membership in YALSA
- In order to accomplish work in a virtual environment taskforce members must be competent users of web 2.0 tools, including but not limited to wikis, e-chats and ALA Connect.
- Knowledge of current topics and trends of interest to librarians serving teens
- Familiarity with and access to professional periodicals and monographs
- Ability to network with individuals in order to identify and recruit authors and editors
For information on the responsibilities of committee/jury/taskforce members, visit YALSA's Handbook.
Term of Office: 2 years, commencing after Annual and ending after Annual.
History: Established 1981; updated June 1994; March 2011
Staff Liaison: Anna Lam