Function: Vet all applications and choose one winner and one alternate.
Membership: 5-7, including Chair. All members are virtual.
- Current personal membership in YALSA
- Have the necessary time to commit to devote to the work of the group
- Are skilled in conducting work virtually through tools such as ALA Connect, video chats, Google Docs and more
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Have enthusiasm for supporting and advancing YALSA's commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Want to give back to the organization and help YALSA achieve its goals
- Personal integrity and a commitment to upholding YALSA's Ethical Behavior Policy
- Knowledge of YALSA's Research Agenda
For information on the responsibilities of committee/jury/taskforce members, visit YALSA's Handbook.
Term of Office: 3 months, commencing June 1st and running through Aug. 31
Staff Liaison: Nichole O'Connor