Function: Plan and implement an annual research-focused paper presentation to be given at the Midwinter Meeting on a topic of general interest to those who work for and with young adults in libraries, including: working with YALSA's Communications Specialist to promote the call for papers, vetting the applicants and working with YALSA's Program Officer for Conferences & Events to plan the presentation at Midwinter. Attendance at the event is encouraged, but not required.
Membership: 5-7 with a minimum of 1 Past President, including Chair. All members are virtual.
- Current membership in YALSA
- In order to accomplish work in a virtual environment taskforce members must be competent users of web 2.0 tools, including but not limited to wikis, e-chats and ALA Connect.
- Experience with conference program planning
- Background in research
- Knowledge of current topics and trends of interest to library staff serving teens
- Knowledge of YALSA's Research Agenda and Futures Report.
For information on the responsibilities of committee/jury/taskforce members, visit YALSA's Handbook.
Term of Office: one year commencing Feb. 1 and ending Jan. 31 of the following year.
Staff Liaison: Nichole O'Connor