Interdivisional Committee on School/Public Library Cooperation (AASL/ALSC/YALSA)
Charge: This joint committee will identify, develop, promote and disseminate information on effective cooperative or collaborative projects that link schools and public libraries.
- Current membership in YALSA
- In order to accomplish work in a virtual environment taskforce members must be competent users of web 2.0 tools, including but not limited to wikis, e-chats and ALA Connect.
- Maintain and update the resources that have been compiled on the ALA website
- Develop training workshops and/or programs on cooperative or collaborative projects and present them at conferences, institutes and for other organizations serving youth.
- Detail findings in articles and books for division publications.
The chair of the committee will rotate among the three divisions as follows:
- 2013-14, chair will be a member of AASL, appointed by the AASL president-elect
2014-15, chair will be a member of ALSC, appointed by the ALSC president-elect
- 2015-16, chair will be a member of YALSA, appointed by the YALSA president-elect
Subsequent years will continue the same rotation.
- Experience with collaborative efforts between school and public libraries
- Ability to work with diverse groups in a team environment