The Hub Advisory Board
Charge: The Hub Advisory Board participates in the development and maintenance of the Hub and follows the guidelines for the site as set out by the YALSA Board of Directors. The Advisory Board also serves in an advisory capacity to the Member Manager of the site and assists with the collection of content for the site, generates ideas for content, works on getting teen and librarian input and feedback, facilitates marketing and PR as needed, and writes for the site as needed.
Qualifications: Those interested in serving on this advisory board should have:
- Current membership in YALSA
- In order to accomplish work in a virtual environment taskforce members must be competent users of web 2.0 tools, including but not limited to wikis, e-chats and ALA Connect.
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of young adult literature
- Ability to network with individuals in order to identify and recruit bloggers
- Be a competent user of web 2.0 tools for generating and sharing content
Size: Up to 6 members including Member Manager and two members from the previous year.
Term: Two years
Staff Liaison: Anna Lam