Great Graphic Novels for Teens Committee Description
Membership: 11, plus an administrative assistant, if requested by the chair, and a consultant from the staff of Booklist.
- Current membership in YALSA
- Experience in evaluating library materials, such as relevant course work, on the job materials evaluation experience, writing reviews and/or relevant articles, previous selection committee experience, etc.
- Ability to attend both ALA's Midwinter Meeting and Annual Conference during your term of appointment on the committee.
- Ability to dedicate a significant amount of time to seeking out and reading relevant titles.
- No conflicts of interest in accordance with YALSA’s Award & Selection Committee Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Good time management and organizational skills
- High ethical standards
- Previous service on a YALSA committee/jury/taskforce is preferred.
For information on the responsibilities of committee/jury/taskforce members, visit YALSA's Handbook.
Term of Office: 2 years, commencing Feb. 1 and ending Jan. 31 two years later.
Function: To annually prepare an annotated list of significant titles in a graphic novel format that appeal to a young adult audience.
Procedures: Read the full Policies & Procedures.