YALS Editorial Advisory Board
To serve as advisor to the editor of YALS on the overall content of the print journal and online presence. To take an active role in determining content for the journal by creating together an annual editorial calendar that identifies timely topics as well as authors for articles. To create messages and content to promote the journal through appropriate channels including social media and the YALSAblog. To work to ensure that key YALSA guidelines, resources, initiatives, etc. are integrated into the journal. To assist with the search process for a new editor, when appropriate. Committee Size: 6 virtual members including at least two members from the previous year. Term: 2 years, commencing after Annual and ending after Annual.
Committee Size: 6 virtual members including at least two members from the previous year.
Term: 2 years, commencing after Annual and ending after Annual.
- Current membership in YALSA
- In order to accomplish work in a virtual environment taskforce members must be competent users of digital tools, including but not limited to wikis, e-chats, Skype, etc.
- Strong knowledge of current topics and trends of interest to library staff serving teens, especially those that relate to YALSA's Futures Report
- Proven writing skills
- Marketing skills, including leveraging social media as a marketing tool
- Ability to network with individuals in order to identify and recruit contributors
- Ability to work in a team environment
For information on the responsibilities of committee/jury/taskforce members, visit YALSA's Handbook
Staff Liaison: Anna Lam