Function: To work with staff to develop and pursue an aggressive and continuous campaign to recruit and retain members for YALSA; to promote the association to colleagues and to key partners as defined in the YALSA Implementation Plan; to promote and maintain good relations with existing members through activities such as the member booth at conferences, recognition of member anniversaries, and outreach to lapsed members. YALSA's DMP Chair serves as the Division's official liaison to ALA’s Membership Committee and New Members’ Round Table. Term: July 1, through June 30
Committee Size: 7 virtual members, including at least two members from the previous year.
Date of Establishment: January 1975; revised July 1987, March 2011, March 2018
Date of Completion: Continuing
- Current membership in YALSA
- To accomplish work in a virtual environment taskforce members must be competent users of digital tools, including but not limited to Google docs, Skype, social media and ALA Connect.
- Thorough knowledge of YALSA’s products and services
- Thorough knowledge of YALSA membership structure, dues rates, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of volunteer opportunities in YALSA
- Strong marketing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
For information on the responsibilities of committee/jury/taskforce members, visit YALSA's Handbook
Term: July 1 through June 30 of the following year
History: Established at Midwinter, 1975, as the Membership Promotion Committee, the committee became Division Promotion and its function was revised at Annual, 1987. The function again was changed in 1993 as recommended by the Organization and Bylaws Committee, to delete cooperation with the Public Relations Committee, which had been dissolved in 1992. In January 2000 Division Promotion was merged with Membership and became Division and Membership Promotion. In March 2011, YALSA updated the committee's function statement and qualifications.
Staff Liaison: Letitia Smith