- 2:00 PM-3:00 PM (Eastern)
- 1:00 PM-2:00 PM (Central)
- 12:00 PM-1:00 PM (Mountain)
- 11:00 AM-12:00 PM (Pacific)
Youth Voice is key in succeeding in teen library services. In this webinar you will learn what youth voice is, how to build youth adult partnerships through libraries, and get ideas for handling the challenges that are bound to come when implementing quality youth voice opportunities through libraries.
Those attending the session will:
- Understand what youth voice is and be able to articulate its value in library and other informal education settings
- Know how to work through challenges related to implementation of youth voice in their library and community
- Be able to take current programs and services for and with teens to the next level through youth voice implementation
Who Should Attend
- Library staff working with teens
- Library administrators
- LIS Faculty
- Stakeholders and youth development workers
Juan Rubio designs, develops, and manages educational technology programs with digital media, such as games, interactive storytelling, and augmented reality narratives. He is the Digital Media and Learning Program Manager at the Seattle Public Library (SPL) and the author of the chapter, Working Together: Youth-Adult Partnerships to Enhance Youth Voice, in YALSA’s new book, Putting Teens First in Library Services: A Roadmap.
YALSA Members: Free
Non-Members: Available for purchase on the Webinars On Demand page 24 hours after the live recording.
YALSA members may register for this webinar on the Members Only Webinar Registration page (Login required.)
How to Register
YALSA members may register for this webinar on the Members Only Webinar Registration page (Login required.) Non-members may purchase the webinar on the Webinars On Demand page 24 hours after the live recording.
The webinar will be hosted using the Zoom platform. Zoom allows participants to join the session using a webcam and computer or phone for audio, via their app for Andrioid and iOS devices, and via phone only. To learn how to get started with Zoom and MAC and PC systems requirements visit the software's Getting Started web pages. After registering for the session you'll receive full login information.