YALSA has launched the Teen Book Finder Database, which is a one-stop shop for finding selected lists and award winners. Users can search this free resource by award, list name, year, author, genre and more, as well as print customizable lists. This new resource will replace the individual award and list web pages currently on YALSA’s site that are not searchable and that are organized only by year.
2018 Teens' Top Ten Nominees announced! See below!
The Teens' Top Ten is a "teen choice" list, where teens nominate and choose their favorite books of the previous year! Nominators are members of teen book groups in fifteen school and public libraries around the country. Nominations are posted on the Thursday of National Library Week, and teens across the country vote on their favorite titles each year. Readers ages twelve to eighteen will vote online between August 15 and Teen Read Week™ (October 7-13, 2018) here on the Teens' Top Ten site. The winners will be announced the week after Teen Read Week.
Meet the 2017 - 2018 Teens' Top Ten book groups, who will choose the nominees for the next two years.
See all the Teens' Top Ten books, plus titles from YALSA's other awards and booklists, in the Teen Book Finder App.
Learn more about how you can apply to participate in Teens' Top Ten here. We will be accepting applications beginning in August 2018.
Apply for the 2018 Teens' Top Ten Book Giveaway!
YALSA is giving away 50 sets of the 2018 Teens' Top Ten book nominees to libraries in need. Eligible applicants can apply for the giveaway via the online form by May 1, 2018.
2018 Teens' Top Ten Official Nominees
(Download the PDF with annotations here)
- All Rights Reserved by Gregory Scott Katsoulis. Harlequin Teen. 9780373212446.
- The Black Witch by Laurie Forest. Harlequin Teen. 9780373212316.
- Book of Lies by Teri Terry. Clarion/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 9780544900486.
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber. Flatiron. 9781250095251.
- Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray. Little, Brown and Company. 9780316394109.
- The Disappearances by Emily Bain Murphy. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 9780544879362.
- How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 9780544815193.
- I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sánchez. Knopf/Random House. 9781524700485.
- The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz. Clarion/ Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 9780544586505.
- Invictus by Ryan Graudin. Little, Brown and Company. 9780316503075.
- The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell. Simon Pulse/Simon & Schuster. 9781481432078.
- Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds. Caitlyn Dlouhy Books/Atheneum Books for Young Readers/Simon & Schuster. 9781481438254.
- Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller. Sourcebooks Fire. 9781492647492.
- Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu. Roaring Brook/Macmillan. 9781626726352.
- Once and For All by Sarah Dessen. Viking/Penguin. 9780425290330.
- One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus. Delacorte/Random House. 9781524714680.
- Paper Hearts by Ali Novak. Sourcebooks Fire. 9781492653363.
- Remember Me Always by Renee Collins. Sourcebooks Fire. 9781492647607.
- Rosemarked by Livia Blackburne. Disney-Hyperion. 9781484788554.
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. Little, Brown and Company. 9780316341684.
- Turtles All the Way Down by John Green. Dutton/Penguin. 9780525555360.
- Warcross by Marie Lu. G. P. Putnam’s Sons/Penguin. 9780399547966.
- Waste of Space by Gina Damico. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 9780544633162.
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo. Random House. 9780399549731.
- Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley. Knopf/Random House. 9781101937648.
See our guide to promoting the Teens' Top Ten books and voting for the Teens' Top Ten in your library.
Download the Teens' Top Ten Toolkit (Word doc)
Teens' Top Ten (TTT) is part of YA Galley, in which teen book groups led by YALSA members receive galleys from publishes throughout the year. Learn more about YA Galley and the fifteen participating libraries on our YA Galley Participants page or contact Nichole O'Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-545-2433, ext. 4387.
Curious? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions about the Teens' Top Ten!