Help all teens have a bright future by supporting libraries! Supporting libraries and teens is easier than you think. Check out these ten easy ways you can help make a difference!
- Sign your teen up for a library card and have them use it regularly. Find your local library online
- Send a letter to the editor of your local paper in support of the work libraries do for teens. It’s easy! Just adapt one of these online examples (.docx)
- Donate to YALSA to help create a world where all teens have access to great libraries!
- Download and distribute free teen reading resources
- Share this important information with your local policy makers and elected officials
- Find out how our local library’s teen program measures up to national standards, and share this useful information with your library and policy makers
- Volunteer at your local library. Find one online
- Host a fundraiser to support the work of YALSA. Find ideas here (.pdf)
- Join or create your own library support group at your library
- Participate in National Library Legislative Day (held each May)
- Ask your state legislature to sponsor a resolution (.docx) in support of libraries
[video:http://youtu.be/hQhDuShczzc width:400 height:800]