Support Libraries and Teen Literacy
Help all teens have a bright future by supporting libraries! Supporting libraries and teens is easier than you think. Check out these ten easy ways you can help make a difference!
- Sign your teen up for a library card and have them use it regularly. Find your local library online
- Send a letter to the editor of your local paper in support of the work libraries do for teens. It’s easy! Just adapt one of these online examples (.docx)
- Donate to YALSA to help create a world where all teens have access to great libraries! As part of Giving Tuesday on Dec. 3, 2013, our goal is to raise $2,000 to send two YALSA members to Washington DC to advocate for library services for teens.
- Download and distribute free teen reading resources
- Share this important information with your local policy makers and elected officials
- Find out how our local library’s teen program measures up to national standards, and share this useful information with your library and policy makers
- Volunteer at your local library. Find one online
- Host a fundraiser to support the work of YALSA. Find ideas here (.pdf)
- Join or create your own library support group at your library
- Participate in National Library Legislative Day (May 5-6, 2014)