STEM Impact Through Youth Voice
- 2:00 PM-3:00 PM (Eastern)
- 1:00 PM-2:00 PM (Central)
- 12:00 PM-1:00 PM (Mountain)
- 11:00 AM-12:00 PM (Pacific)
According to a 2015 Youth Truth survey, a majority of youth in the United States feel unprepared for college and careers. At the same time, employers struggle to fill thousands of STEM related jobs due to an unqualified workforce. Explore how the process of supporting 21st century skill building with volunteers and interns who design and implement programs, can also build your library's capacity to offer meaningful, authentic, and awesome STEM programs in which youth have a voice.
- Understand the steps required to integrate teen internships into STEM initiatives
- Know how to build support for youth voice in STEM programming
- Understand how youth voice helps to build strong teen library programming
Who Should Attend
- Library staff working with teens in school and/or public libraries
- Staff in informal learning environments that work with teens
- Library school students
- Administrators working with staff to develop teen initiatives
YALSA Members: Free
Non-Members: Available for purchase on the Webinars On Demand page 24 hours after the live recording.
How to Register
YALSA members may register for this webinar on the Members Only Webinar Registration page (Login required.) Non-members may purchase the webinar on the Webinars On Demand page 24 hours after the live recording.
The webinar will be hosted using the Zoom platform. Zoom allows participants to join the session using a webcam and computer or phone for audio, via their app for Andrioid and iOS devices, and via phone only. To learn how to get started with Zoom and MAC and PC systems requirements visit the software's Getting Started web pages. After registering for the session you'll receive full login information.