Resources for Student Members
- Both ALA and YALSA offer discounted memberships for students.
- YALSA student members enjoy all the same benefits that ALA members receive (see a complete list of ALA benefits) as well as additional benefits from YALSA such as access to free monthly webinars.
- Tap into ALA resources to help you get involved, explore career options, advance your learning and more.
Check out this infographic (.pdf) for the quickest way to find a way to participate in YALSA that matches your needs and interests. For more detailed information, visit:
- Connect (Interest Groups, social media, email discussion lists)
- Learn (webinars, e-courses, institutes, conferences, mentoring)
- Participate (committees, juries, taskforces, advisory boards, running for office, grants)
- Share (publish, blog, present a program, nominate a book)
- Support (donate, host a fundraiser, sponsor, advocate, recruit)
- YALSA offers a wide range of awards, grants, scholarships, and stipends including a student travel scholarship to the ALA conference and YA Services Symposium.
- Find and share career resources, tips, and more on YALSA's career resources page on the wiki.
- ALA's Education & Careers page offers information about scholarship opportunities, job seeking resources, and more.
- Connect with YALSA on Twitter, Facebook and more.
- Participate in YALSA's student member listserv
- YALSA has national guidelines, competencies, position papers, and benchmarks to aid pre-professionals and library workers in better understanding the components of excellent teen services programs
For information about how to get the most out of your student membership, please contact Letitia Smith, YALSA's Membership Marketing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.545.2433 x4390.