Registration for YALSA's 2018 Symposium in Salt lake City will open in April
Need to register with a purchase order? E mail Nichole for ALA's W9 and fill out the paper regsitration form.
Student registration rates start as low as $59! What is included with registration?
- Opening session on Friday evening
- Book Blitz on Saturday evening with light refreshments, up to five free books, and the chance to meet dozens of authors
- Concurrent sessions on Saturday from 8:30am-5pm, and 8:30am-1:00pm on Sunday, with the option to register for additional events Friday
- Closing session on Sunday
- Attendees will have access to a free webinar
- A certificate of participation with your contact hours (to receive the certificate, there will be a sign up sheet on site)
- Refreshment breaks mid morning on Saturday and Sunday and an afternoon break on Saturday
- A symposium bag
- A badge holder
Please download and send both pages of the paper registration form If you are:
- paying with a check or purchase order
- a student but not a current student member of ALA
If you have questions about registration, contact YALSA Program Officer Nichole O'Connor at 1-800-545-2433, ext. 4387 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Badge pickup: All badges will need to be picked up onsite in Salt Lake City at symposium check-in, beginning Friday morning.
Morning Preconference TBD, Friday, 9am-12pm, $79
Are you struggling with teen programs and looking for ways to get teens into your library? Tired of sitting in an empty room with cold pizza? Learn best practices for developing, implementing, and evaluating programs for teens. Attendees will share and learn about the following topics: formal and information programs, outreach, partnerships, funding challenges and opportunities, creating affirming spaces, and connected learning.
Afternoon Preconference TBD, Friday, 1pm-4pm, $79.
Author Luncheon, Saturday, 12pm-1:30pm, $49.
Early Bird Rate runs April 1-September 15, 2018.
$199 YALSA Personal Member
$199 Utah Library Association Members
$259 ALA Personal Member
$329 Nonmembers (Not a member? Join & get member pricing & the added benefits of being a YALSA member!)
$59 Students (enrolled full-time in a library program)
Advanced registration runs September 16 - October 13, 2017.
$249 YALSA Personal Member
$249 Utah Library Association Members
$309 ALA Personal Member
$379 Nonmember (Not a member? Join & get member pricing & the added benefits of being a YALSA member!)
$59 Student (enrolled full-time in a library program)
Onsite fees apply to registrations made on or after October 14, 2017.
$279 YALSA Personal Member
$279 Utah Library Association Members
$339 ALA Personal Member
$399 Nonmember (Not a member? Join & get member pricing & the added benefits of being a YALSA member!)
$79 Student Member (enrolled full-time in a library program)
Are you coming to the symposium this fall? Are you a speaker or presenter? Show your pride with downloadable badges for your blog or website!
Use this code with your image: <a title="I'm attending the 2018 YA Services Symposium!" href="http://www.ala.org/yalsa/yasymposium">
Use this code with your image: <a title="I'm presenting at the 2018 YA Services Symposium!" href="http://www.ala.org/yalsa/yasymposium">